Great. Only two problems with this.
- Most of the team doesn't write well.
- In the past, nobody has gone out of their way to really make documentation happen.
I need a strategy. I need a system that will help bad writers get better incrementally. Which means that everything must be painfully obvious. The first pieces of the puzzle are the stuff that actually exists, which are the most important parts, anyway.
- Code/API Documentation — What does your code do? Especially, what side effects are there?
- Adminsitration Guide — How do we run the system?
- Users Guide — How do users run the system?
I'm not sure I've not forgotten about something completely hugemongous.